CARE AND MAINTENANCE
- DO NOT use MAGNETIZED tools when repairing or adjusting a disk drive.
- DO NOT place a disk drive near any device which generates "noise" e.g., -
motors, radios televisions.
- DO NOT stack drives upon each other or in any way inhibit air flow around the
unit. HEAT BUILD-UP can cause disk failures.
- Periodically CLEAN the read/write head with 90% isopropyl alcohol and a cotton
swab. CHECK load pad for excess wear. Clean or replace as necessary.
- Take the following precautions when handling a diskette:
- ALWAYS store a diskette in its jacket.
- Use ONLY felt-tip pens when writing on the label of a diskette.
- Do not bend or physically damage a diskette.
- Do not place a diskette in the area of a magnetic field.
- Do not attempt to clean a diskette.
- Do not touch the exposed area of a diskette.
- DIAGNOSTIC and ADJUSTMENT procedures are outlined in detail on the diagnostic
disk (Commodore Part #31405101). A manual has been added to the diagnostic
package. It contain descriptions of testing procedures and adjustment methods.
This page has been created by Sami Rautiainen.
Last updated April 16, 1998.
Read the small print.